Peru is a vibrant South American country known for its ancient ruins, impressive landscapes, rich culture, and biodiversity. It is home to Macchu Pichu, an old Incan site set deep in the Andes Mountains. Walk the Inca Trail and take in the beauty all around the scenic route. In the capital city of Lima, you can lay out on the coastal beaches, explore art galleries, or enjoy a fresh cup of local Peruvian coffee.
Nature-lovers will have the opportunity to spot unique species of monkeys, birds, and other types of animals in the Amazon Forest and Manu National Park. After hiking, boating, and climbing around the country, you’ll get to dine on authentic Peruvian cuisine like ceviche, the national dish. Other highlights of Peru include Lake Titicaca, the Ballestas Islands, and the Rainbow Mountains, which are all sure to bring you unforgettable memories.
- Machu Picchu and the rich culture of the Incas
- Sun-splashed Pacific beaches
- Historic Spanish colonial towns
- The canopy of the world’s largest rainforest, the Amazon
- The Andes, the second-highest-mountain range in the world
Activities to do
- Gaze in awe at the mountaintop Machu Picchu
- Enjoy the year-round sunshine of Arequipa
- Explore the adobe city of Chan Chan
- See the mysterious Nazca Lines
- Cruise the sky-high lake Titicaca
- Hike the Inca Trail
- Enjoy the night out at a Peñas
- Immerse yourself in Manu National Park
- Location: South America
- Language: Spanish, Quechua, and Aymara
- Currency: Sol
- Cuisine: Influenced by the Spanish cuisine
- Airport: Lima Jorge Chavez International Airport
- Flight Duration: 22 hours from Abu Dhabi
Want to book your holiday to peru?
Get in touch to plan your trip