Japan is a country that naturally embraces modern life while still holding to ancient traditions. Filled with trees, mountainous terrain, and water on all sides, it is the perfect destination for lovers of nature. In the countryside, you will be able to hike, ski, walk trails, and scuba dive on the coast. Japan’s capital city of Tokyo is home to the largest green area of any urban metropolis, but also offers city-centric activities. Watch sumo wrestling, climb to the very top of a skyscraper, tour a historic temple, or enjoy traditional Japanese delicacies. Japan offers something to every traveler.
- Shopper’s paradise
- The Japanese cuisine
- Beautiful temples and Zen gardens
- Mount Fuji
- Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park
- The Temple City: Historic Nara
- Chūbu-Sangaku National Park and the Japanese Alps
- Fukuoka Castle and the City’s Ancient Festivals
Activities to do
- Soak in an open-air hot spring
- Eat the oriental sushi & ramen
- Wander through Kitakyushu’s flower tunnels
- Visit the hyaku yen (100 yen) store for unique gifts
- See a bamboo forest—in the heart of Kyoto!
- Zoom through the mountains on a bullet train
- Become an anime expert at the Studio Ghibli Museum
- Party through Japan’s year-round festivals
- Cuddle baby foxes at the Zao Fox Village
- Location: East Asia, in the northwest Pacific Ocean
- Language: Japanese
- Currency: Japanese Yen
- Cuisine: The Japanese cuisine is based on rice with miso soup and other side dishes. Seafood is common, often grilled, but also served raw as the renowned sashimi or in sushi.
- Airport: Narita, Haneda (Tokyo), Kansai (Osaka), Chubu Centrair (Nagoya) & Fukuoka International Airports
- Flight Duration: 9.5 hours from Abu Dhabi
Want to book your holiday to Japan?
Get in touch to plan your trip